Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 3, 4, and 5 Recap

What...me slack at blogs?  So I am still on the cleanse.  It actually gets easier as time goes on.  I am now starting day 6.  I am not sure WHAT I did to my back, but it has not been happy the past few days.  That is why I have not been around.  It hurts to sit...anywhere.  So I have not really wanted to post anything because it would require me to sit for an extended period of time.  I decided I needed to update this, so I am standing at my laptop.  Gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway. A few things I have learned the past few days.  Wednesdays the middle child has speech and OT.  We get out at 12pm and by the time we get in the car and everything it would be close to 1pm before we get home.  So Wednesday's are McDonald's days.  Has been for years.  So I was like crap...what can I have there?  Ohhh....french fries.  They are just potatoes right?  Ohhh....no.  Here is the ingredients directly from the McDonald's website:

 French Fries:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid
pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to
preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.
CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK.
*(Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).

Why, oh why is there beef flavor, wheat, and milk in their fries?  That is just rather unsettling.  So I went to Harris Teeter and got some Kettle Chips and ate some apple slices from McD's.   I have been feeling rather funky for a day or so, kind of a nauseous feeling.  I think I needed some grease.  Like when you go out drinking and drink a LOT, the best thing in the morning is hash browns from a fast food place.  At least for me.  :)

Anyway, I have done good and stayed on the cleanse.  My hubby is doing it as well.  I think we have both realized that this cleanse is more about seeing IF we can do it, more than anything.  Testing our will power.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment