Monday, May 21, 2012

Cleanse Day One recap

I am shocked.  I was expecting this to be a bit harder.  We have lots of cake left over in our kitchen from the big kids birthday this past weekend.  It kinda stares at me every now and again and taunts me.  Other than that, not too bad!

I will admit to wanting a big cup of coffee though.  I have not had any headaches yet, so that is good.  I felt rather sluggish around 3pm.  My poor husband was about to pass out and fell asleep MUCH earlier than I did.  Somehow I convinced him to go on this crazy ride with me.

So here are my meals from yesterday.  For breakfast I had...
 Tofu scramble and a bowl of fresh pineapple and raspberries!  Looks yummy, right?  It was.  Super yummy.



Lunch was a collection of salads I made for the big kids birthday, a bean salad and a potato salad.  


Then dinner was a repeat of the salads and half a butternut squash.  If you haven't had one, you need to.  Just slice the  squash in half, scoops out the seeds.  Put in a glass dish with a blob of vegan butter and microwave that sucker for about 20 minutes.  You need to make sure the fork goes in easily.  SO GOOD.

Another challenge I had yesterday was, I wanted ice cream.  And I wanted it bad.  We had a bunch of free ice cream from my son's party and I never even opened some of it.  SO I have QUARTS of unopened Blue Bunny Ice Cream screaming from my garage freezer.

The solution....frozen banana pureed with some natural peanut butter thrown in.  SO GOOD.  Tastes like soft serve, but vegan.  

Well...gotta get my beans cooking for dinner tonight!  See you tomorrow morning for installation #2 of the saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment