Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cleanse Day 2 Recap

This REALLY is not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  My poor husband had a headache all day yesterday from the caffeine withdrawal.  I had a headache as well, but I think it was due to my headband.  I took it off and started feeling better.

I can say that I was exhausted by 8pm last night.  I went to bed, watched tv, and passed out by 9:30pm.  That is odd for me.  Normally I can NOT get to sleep.  Maybe this anticaffeine thing is good for me.  I also slept through the night and had rather vivid dreams.  Not nearly as sluggish today.

SO...we have been eating lots of beans in this house.  It has been rather "loud".  Things have also been going rather smoothly if you get my drift.  I know, I know.  TMI.  BUT I did say I would give an accurate description of what goes down in the cleanse for me.  Plus I am 90% sure that no one really reads this thing but me, so there ya go.  :)

Sunday night I made some Blueberry Coconut Bars which were amazing.  They were from the book.   I changed the recipe around a bit.  It called for cherries, but the only cherries I had were sweetened and I am trying SUPER hard to be strict with this.  I think now it is more about can I do this.  
V really liked it too.  :)

 So.  I still get a bit tired throughout the day, but today I feel more energized.  I actually cleaned the house this morning.  Yesterday was good until about 6pm when I was making dinner.  I started to feel the crash then.  Dinner was AMAZING.  And then all I wanted to do was lie down and watch My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.  That show is hi-larious.
 Dinner was Cuban Black Beans and Brown Rice with Roasted Squash and Gluten-Free Crackers. This was taken directly from the Quantum Wellness book as well.  SO good.  No substitutions necessary.

Well...that is all.  If you have any questions let me know!  Stay tune for installment #3 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment