Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's Cookin' Wednesday Week 3

Yeah.....week three of What's Cookin' Wednesday didn't happen.  I had dance recital rehearsal that lasted until 9pm on Tuesday evening. It actually was later, but we left as soon as Nate was done.  Then I ran 900 errands the first day of summer vacation, then out of town guests, then recital, then Grandma sitting...and now it is Wednesday.  lol  Excuses, yep. I got them.
One thing I have noticed that I never keep up with is actual DAYS when I am making certain things.  So, I think just a bucket list of recipes for the week will work better.  Here goes!

Spaghetti with garlic bread.  I think I make the best garlic bread ever. Get a loaf of French bread, slather it with butter (half a stick on each side).  Make sure to leave it out a bit to get it soft before hand. After you slathered, sprinkle on oregano, parsley, garlic salt, garlic powder, and basil.  Put it on a pan and put it under the broiler in the oven.  You REALLY need to keep an eye on it.  It will toast fast, which means it will burn fast.  Sometimes when I don't have a loaf I make this on normal sandwich bread or hamburger buns. We aren't fancy here.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  (Stacked enchiladas)  These were SO good. It makes a bunch,so you will have leftovers.  I used used a large can of mild enchilada sauce.  I want to try her recipe though!  It sounds super easy to make.  TIP: If you need to get shredded chicken and don't have any made, grab your slow cooker.  I threw 4 boneless, skinless breasts in there and then added two cups of vegetable broth. You could use chicken if you have it. Turn it on high for four hours and leave it alone.  When it is done you can literally lift if out and shred with just one fork. You can just smoosh it and it shreds. So good and easy!

Squash Casserole Pretty sure this is Eric's new go to recipe. It is really yummy!  We were running late so we just served this with peas and salad.  Not the best "dinner", but it would be an awesome side dish!

Brown Sugar Meatloaf   Don't think less of me....I love meatloaf.  Well, turkey meat loaf. I haven't eaten beef or pork in 20 years.  HUG A COW AND PIGGY!  This recipe looks super yummy and I think it would go great with sweet potatoes.  One of Grandma's favorite foods.

Eggplant Parmesan I LOVE eggplant.  What I hate is frying the eggplant before you bake it. Eggplant sucks up SO MUCH OIL.  This recipe you bake the eggplant.I found it a while ago and it is now my go to.   I typically make spaghetti with it to throw the eggplant on top of and throw together a quick salad for the side.

Roasted Cauliflower  I love cauliflower and am planning on this for lunch one day.  Look how yummy it looks! I plan on eating it with Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad

Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad  It looks SOOOO good.

Desserts this week:

Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ice Cream

S'mores Ice Cream...RECIPE COMING!!!

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment