Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bloody Forehead & A Sick Kid


So this weekend was Charlotte's St. Patrick's day parade. (It was rainy last weekend so they pushed it ahead a week.) We met up with my dad and went down to the parade.


If anyone knows WHY Irish dancers all have curly hair let me know. It is killing me!





Aidan had a ton of fun riding the light rail. He kept yelling at me "Hurry hurry we are going to miss it!" Then he preceded to SCREAM "Hello" off the bridge to everything he saw. It was cute.

I decided he needed a cheap parade toy and he chose a trumpet. I figured it would be destroyed in an hour so I let him get it. Yeah....we still have it. It is the most obnoxious thing EVER. I actually had to hide it this morning to break up a fight over it. The trumpet is sleeping right now. Isn't it wonderful the things kids believe?


Well after the parade we all went to eat and of course no nap=insane 2 year old. Eric took him outside while we were waiting on our food and what happens? Aidan runs into a light pole. Yup, Eric turns his back for two seconds and Aidan is getting up from the ground screaming. Don't quite know how it happened but he had a bloody forehead. (If you look close you can see the bandaid)

Passed out after a long day. This took about 2 seconds. We weren't even out of the parking deck.
Then...after all this craziness of head injuries and all (did i mention Nate had two huge bumps on his head as well- one from Aidan and the fireplace, the other from Ellie the dog and the table) Nate decided to get a crazy cold and so did I. So poor little guy has been hacking for days now. Luckily Benadryl knocks him out at night. Hopefully things will get better in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment