Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Oh my GLOB. It is a Geek-A-Long.

I absolutely adore knitting.  LOVE IT.  My friend got pregnant and I knew I had to knit her SOMETHING.  What it was, I didn't know...then I found this glorious page.


It was pretty much a dream come true.  My friend is a BIG nerd.  Lover of all things geeky.  They are hosting....a geek-a-long.

Basically, they give you 48 "square" patterns.  One per week.  It takes 24 to make an afghan, 12 for a baby blanket. You can read about the whole process here ----> GEEK-A-LONG facts

The process they use is called "double knitting".The piece ends up being thick, like two pieces held together.  Both sides look knitted and are reverse colors.  I pretty much want to only double knit for the rest of my life.

Basically I wanted to show off a few of the pieces I have done. She will get the gift in about a week and a half.  I AM SO EXCITED.  I tell this girl everything about my life.  Having to keep this a secret has pretty much been torture.

So, here are two sneak previews.  If you WANT to see them all you can click on one of these and scroll through my feed. All 11 are posted. I am working on the last one!!!
A photo posted by Sarah Dodson (@bumbleflies) on





Aren't they awesome? I LOVE this process.  I need to give my arms a break for a bit after this, but I REALLY want to make a blanket to keep. It is going to hurt giving this up.

Be on the look out for the final blanket after the shower! I CAN'T WAIT!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really loving this. I think it is my favorite gift I ever made.

      Delete