Friday, January 9, 2015

Update on Nate for those interested.

As I mentioned last year, we have started weaning Nate off his meds. I really have no clue how my mom did this with me. It is so darn stressful.

The anti-seizure meds that he is on have to be slowly weaned off of. He was never on a super high dose to begin with, but this process is maddening. We have dropped his meds about 30% now (it took a month!) in morning and night. By the end of February we should be totally finished!

The super scary part is that he has a 50% chance of having another seizure within the next six months.  The likelihood of having another get less over time, but never fully goes away. Apparently, I could have one at any moment. 

I am trying to be a glass-half full kind of girl, but it is SO hard sometimes. 

I was just talking to Eric while I was making dinner how around this time three years ago, we were gearing up for a trip to Disney World. It was such a rough year with Nate having the seizures and V having her first throat surgery, it was an awesome time to unwind.

Who knows. Maybe I'll get picked to be a Disney Social Media Mom this year and I can get a trip back! A girl can dream, right? 

Kind of like the two ends of a book. Epilepsy was not a book I wanted opened and I will be SUPER happy to see it closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment